Friday, May 28, 2010

I'm Stuck

“My arm is stuck”! These are the words I said to Keiry as we were about to get off the bus taking us from the rental car return to the airport where we would fly home from our honeymoon. Not even two weeks into marriage and I had already embarrassed myself! We were sitting down on the bus and I was leaning up against the onboard luggage shelving and my elbow went through. This could have happened to anyone right? I am a little accident prone, but these were new grounds for me. In the past it was my head that got stuck not my arm and that was usually on purpose. My Mom had not warned Keiry to always carry vaseline and to be on the ready to goop up my ears and the side of my head. Like the time I stuck my head through the bars at Sea World or the time I was able to squeeze my head through the stair railings at my grandma’s house. I even got my hand stuck up a candy machine, but those experiences were never on accident. Once I calmed down and the fear lessened, I straitened my arm, turned my hand palm up and removed my arm from the luggage rack.

No comments: