Friday, May 28, 2010
Pad Thai
Pad Thai and I have a history. I say that like I am an expert or experienced in cooking the famous Thai dish, but I have only made it twice in my life--both times being in the last week! Wednesday night the operation was perfect. The rice noodles softened at the right time, the ingredients combined together flawlessly and the flavor referred to as yumminess by Keiry pervaded the mixture. My Pad Thai was consumed in ten minutes. Thursday’s Pad Thai? Not so much. I decided to fix all the tiny errors I saw in the Pad Thai from the night before and absolutely killed it! I am not using slang here, I literally ruined my dish. Within two minutes of adding the noodles to the mixture of chicken, egg and sauce, I went from having noodles that were too hard and unworkable to having a soggy wet flavorless mush. So what did I do wrong? I rushed the noodles and tried to correct by adding water to the final product and boiling it out. Impatience killed my dish. Never rush rice noodles! Keiry did smile through dinner Thursday night, but she cooked on Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your story reminds me of my roommate freshman year that would cook pad thai for us every week but it didn't taste anything like pad thai. next time you guys visit you'll have to make us some (that taste like your wednesday night experience :) ) love you!
Post a Comment