Friday, April 8, 2011

Foodie Friday!

*Just as a disclaimer*:  I do not consider myself to be a real cook or even a good cook, but I do enjoy food and cooking and am very happy when I cook something that turns out yummy.  I also wish I would have known about food blogs a lot sooner, they're wonderful!  That being said:

I'm going to commit myself to writing one and only one food post a week, and so I give you "Foodie Friday!"

As I said in a previous post, I'd like to take recipes from food blogs and try them out myself and blog about it.  There's a lot of great stuff out there.  The two recipes that I tried out this week were from the same blog: Epi-Ventures.

I liked the set-up of this website, you could look at the headers of a bunch of recipes at the same time instead of going through recipe after recipe, page by page.  Not all of it was to my liking, but two recipes caught my attention right away and that's what I made for dinner tonight.

Almond Dijon Chicken : I had all the ingredients in stock at home, which is always a relief and we really liked the way it turned out.  I used the extra honey-dijon sauce as a sauce to put on top of the chicken and Ryan really liked it.  He said we should bottle it up and sell it.  Always the entrepreneur.
I stuck pretty close to the recipe, except I filleted my chicken (we seem to get more value out of our chicken breasts that way, especially if they're breaded) and I didn't add the parsley, I just used extra sauce.  It was tasty!


The side was from a recipe for New Potatoes with Spinach.  It was SO good.  I had to modify it a little bit because I didn't have pine nuts or new potatoes, so I just used good old russets.  I also used a lot less spinach than the recipe called for.  The spinach tasted SO good with the potatoes and tomatoes.  YUMMY!

Elias really liked it, which was comforting to me because he hasn't been the best eater the last couple of days.  But oh, he ate.

No comments: