Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cherry Blossoms 2011

The biggest DC attraction in the spring is the Cherry Blossom Festival.  Thousands of cherry blossom trees are in bloom all around the tidal basin.  It's one of those things that I love going to.  The first time I went to see the blossoms was the spring after my mission and I fell in love!

This year I was lucky enough to be able to go a few times.  I didn't go to any of the festival's activities.  For the past two years I've been to the Kite Flying Festival portion, but this year it was on a Sunday and as much as we would have liked to have gone and flown a kite, Sundays are just too busy.  Maybe next year!

I certainly took pictures and I will post them here to delight and entertain you.  Let's begin.

March, March.  It all began on a cold and windy day in March.  There was a picnic.  And feisty little boy.


I was invited by my sister and her boyfriend.  So I went.  But I knew their scheme....they wanted cutsie kissy kissy pictures because they liked my camera.  I could see right through them.


Little did they know....I was taking pictures of my own!  Bwahahahaha!
For example: a picture of the wee one.  I would ask him where the flowers were, and he would point to them.  Such a smart boy!
Mommy, stop asking me over and over again where the flowers are.  They are everywhere!

And, of course, the beautiful blossoms themselves
 

I'll try to refrain from putting TOO many pictures up here, but this one is beautiful :)



Our second outing to see the cherry blossoms was a family one.  It was another coldish day (luckily not as cold as the first) and we explored a new spot along the Potomac.  It was beautiful!

Should have dressed him in a better shirt :)


Chubby Cheeks


It was a beautiful evening

  
Beautiful DC

And then there was April.  Nice and warm.  Baby and I went with a friend from church and it was a great way to spend a beautiful day.  I dressed the baby up this time, but it was quite difficult to get a good picture of him.  Oh, I tried.

Plus, I got this cute video of him chasing the birds:
He's a nature lover.

I love the cherry blossoms!

No comments: