Saturday, January 7, 2012

Potty training is torture

Well I've been more seriously undertaking potty-training. It's brutal. Today's attempt has involved putting him in the toilet as soon as he said "poop" when I was changing his diaper this morning. That was two and a half hours ago.

He's still there.

There has been a little bit of an advantage to this. My bathroom is now clean and I am cutting coupons without interruption, buy I wish he would just go so we can enjoy the beautiful day outside. I've fed him his breakfast, snack and plenty of dried plums (that should do the trick, shouldn't it??) and we're still here......any suggestions in how to get this done?? Anybody??

3 comments:

Sierra Gardner said...

We were always bribed with M&M's - I remember it working =)

Wendy K said...

I love our little floor potty that Crystal can sit on whenever she felt like it. It's okay when she's naked and goes on the floor instead of her potty. I just say "no no no don't pee on the floor! pee in the potty!" to her and clean it up. Now she knows what she's supposed to do when she's not in a diaper but still has accidents occasionally. When she's wearing pants, she sits on the potty with her pants still on and pees them, so we still have issues.

Michelle said...

girly I used to be the "potty trainer" at the daycare I worked at before moving up to Maryland. Every child is different. Sometimes candy works, but with that you have to use it ONLY as a reward nothing else. example, 1 M&M for peeing and 2 for pooping. Let him go in the potty with daddy. I've also put them on the potty every 30 minutes. Then eventually every 45mins.(and so on) That has always worked for me, the time and rewards. Just find his favorite treat. The time will vary for each child. Some get it overnight and others it will take months to years. The key is being consistant no matter where you go and no matter who has him. --I hope this helps