Elias and I were driving back down from Hagerstown today and we were listening to a motab cd. "I am a Child of God" started playing. We often sing that song during our nighttime routine with him. We sang it exclusively for a few months. Apparently it had somewhat of a Pavlov's dogs effect because as soon as he figured out what song it was he said "Pay!" (pray) and I watched him in the rear view mirror as he folded his arms and bowed his head. Then he started to pray all by himself. His prayer went like this:
"Thank you for Elias. Thank you baby. Thank you bobo. Amen!"
I think it's so funny that he thanked God for himself. He was looking around for things to be thankful for and he had his baby doll next to him (he calls him "baby") and his bobo is his pacifier, which I usually never give to him outside of the crib, so he was especially grateful today.
I thought it was soooo cute and funny and it just made ME grateful to have him. I can't believe how quickly he is growing.
| Elias watching Barney. Only time he is still enough for a picture, haha! I also love the yogurt stain on his shirt :) |

1 comment:
That totally made my day Keiry. I was sitting at my computer crying because I miss my boys and then I was able to read this precious gem. I'm glad Elias is grateful for himself- I'm grateful for him too and he is obviously very close to the spirit. What a sweetie. Love you.
Post a Comment