I know I'm pretty much the worst blogger in the world, so there are a lot of things I owe the blogging world (or my parents, haha).
We had an unexpected trip to Utah to attend Grandma Stanton's funeral. We weren't sure that we would all be able to go, but I am really glad we did. Grandma Stanton was an amazing woman in so many ways. I hadn't known her for very long, but I felt like I got to know her better during this trip. She is a great example in so many ways. She opened her home and her heart to countless people, she's a great example of how to make a home and be a good mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. I'm so grateful that she left that kind of legacy for Elias and her 46 other great-grandchildren. This trip to Utah was truly inspirational.
It was also really nice to see Elias with his cousins. I wish we could see them all the time!
The newest addition to our cousins is Baby Aaron. He was born in February and he's a cutie!
His big sister Emma has grown a lot and she's super sweet!
Jared, the big brother of the group has also grown a lot and I'm happy to report that he and Elias still love each other :) These pictures were taken at Grandma Stanton's viewing.
Baby Jack is definitely bigger and he's even crawling around now. Elias really loved him too. I think it's safe to say he really loves all of his cousins and was constantly asking for each of them every day that we were there.
One of the most physically impressive things about Grandma Stanton that was apparent at her funeral was how much she made with her hands for other people. It's incredible! She made a Christmas stocking for every member of the family- her kids and their spouses, grandkids and their spouses and all of her great-grandchildren. Only some of what she made was displayed at her funeral and seeing all of that was overwhelming. Knowing that someone can do all of that in one lifetime is incredible.
 |
| Some of her quilting |
 |
| I couldn't get all the stockings in one picture, and not all of her stockings were displayed! |
|
Family Time:
 |
| Four Wheeler Ride with Uncle Kyle |
 |
| And with Papa and Jared and Emma! |
 |
| Playing with Jared and the lambs |
|
|
|
 |
| Emma wasn't too keen on the lambs at first :) |
 |
| Emma and Jack playing cards |
|
|
 |
| Elias and Jared playing in the hutch.....it ended badly but was still cute |
|
 |
| Playing Outside |
|
 |
| Baby Snuggles |
 |
| Playing Outside II |
 |
| Elias loved the drinking fountain at his grandparent's house :) |
 |
| We miss you and can't wait to see you again! |
1 comment:
Keiry I love these pictures!! Hopefully we see you guys again soon (but not for a funeral) Love you!
Post a Comment