Wednesday, July 14, 2010

What about the baby?

There's a lot going on with Elias too! I didn't think it was possible, but he just keeps getting cuter. Almost every day he is making new discoveries and having new experiences. A couple of days ago we took him out to the apartment swimming pool and dipped in his feet which he really enjoyed. Now we just have to take him on a real pool trip, bathing suit and all. I haven't been able to be with him a whole lot during the week because I've been in the hospital during the day with Ryan, but I always end up looking through pictures of him and it helps me with the babysickness. So if you see a lot of baby-pic posts, you know why.



There are a lot of things that he likes. He really likes taking a bath



I'm currently knitting him a little blanket and in knitting next to him we discovered that he loves playing with the yarn. He looked like a little cat!





We like to do a lot of different things to him in a very non-guinea pig sort of way. We plopped him in the laundry basket to see if he liked it



I guess he liked the smell of clean laundry.............




We also stuck him in a bowl because he fit and he liked it for a little bit, and of course it was really really cute:






Baby recently got his new crib mattress!! Hooray! He tried it out shortly after and I think he liked it. We don't quite have a handle on sleeping through the night (at all), but he does like his crib enough to initially fall asleep in it all by himself!




Before his 4month shots, he started doing this weird, funny thing with his mouth where he would suck in his lower lip and start talking like that. I thought it was kind of weird, but it was cute so I took a picture. Funny guy. He hasn't done it since he got his shots though, which makes me think that is scared some of the funniness out of him :(





Baby Elias likes to act like a big boy. When he is carried, he likes to be carried sitting up, like a big boy and not lying down like a little baby. He also really enjoys sitting (carefully) in big-people's chairs.


Add Image

The curved bars on the back of the chair helped keep his head in place and he had a LOT of fun acting like a grown-up.


And last of all for this post, but certainly not least, he has finally started to keep his shoes on. Which makes his mommy very happy because they look so stinkin' cute.




I love this little guy

4 comments:

Ashley S said...

Oh my wow Keiry! "So stinkin' cute" just sums it up PERFECTLY!
<3 you!

Michelle said...

I love love love the 2nd bowl picture. You should send that in to the cutest baby photo contest.

Leanne said...

He is so adorable! I love flip flops on baby feet! I like the new look Ryan! the Mohawk was awesome!

happyman said...

Well, all parents think their baby is the best thing since sliced bread.

In this case, though, you're right! Wow, that's one adorable little stinker. And I've seen a lot of 'em.