This is crazy.
While we're in Georgetown for Ryan's chemo I get a free cupcake everyday. Not because I'm crazy about the place, but because they have a free one everyday. Why wouldn't I do it? Coincidentally, though, this little cupcake shop happens to have a show on TLC, which is by the way, a pretty bad show. Terrible acting and kinda boring, but hey, it's cool to see the place you go to everyday on tv, I guess.
But this cupcake craze is out of control.
Today I went to Georgetown Cupcake to get my free cupcake. I haven't been there in a couple of weeks because Ryan has been on his chemo break. We started his 3rd round of chemo today. More than halfway through!!
Anyway, as I got in line at 10:30am, the line was ridiculously long for that time of the morning. I figured that I had time to kill so I stayed in line. There was a lady ahead of me in line that had a few summer camp kids with her and a couple of the girls were be DC cupcake fans. They asked the employee that manned the door whether the owners were there that day because they really wanted to meet them. The employee told them that they might be there (which they weren't, and from what I can tell, they never are) and the girls were SO excited. Then when they were up to order their cupcakes they saw the girl on the register that is on the show and flipped and gave hugs and asked for autographs and squealed and OMG'd and did other things that 12 year old girls do.
It's a cupcake shop, people!!
As I left the insanity of the shop and continued up 33rd street on my way back to the hospital to eat my cupcake treats with Ryan, I saw this which is just a couple of doors down from the cupcake shop:
As for me, I'll keep going as long as I can get a free cupcake. It gives us a special treat to enjoy in an otherwise dull hospital setting. And Ryan loooooves chocolate!

2 comments:
I just had my first Georgetown Cupcake today! Let me just say YUMMY!
I hope you got it for free too!!
Post a Comment