Saturday, August 7, 2010

Another year older

Last week I turned 26. I feel kinda old, but the celebration of my oldness lasted almost the whole weekend and I can't complain about that. I got beautiful sunflowers (my favorite!) in the mail sent to me by one of my greatest friends in the whole wide world. I also got my favorite cake in the whole wide world (from costco!) and got to spend the evening with Ryan, baby and my wonderful fam.

It's getting harder to blow out all of those candles, whew!




Earlier in the day, Ryan and Elias and I went out to lunch and they gave us a little highchair that we decided to try out on Elias. He did really well in it for a while and he felt like a big boy, but he was getting to wobbly and was chewing on the side of the chair (you never know where those have been) so we switched him back to the carseat.

They put the bottom of the tomato in the second half of my sandwich, thus making it inedible (what were they thinking?), I had a BLT soooo we got free dessert! Happy Birthday to me!

Also, Silvia took us out to dinner the night before my bday for a birthday dinner at a VERY yummy pizza place in tenleytown, Pete's A-Pizza. It was really yummy. I told you I'm spoiled!


The day after my birthday I was spoiled beyond all other spoiling. Ryan took me to see Mary Poppins at the Kennedy Center!! It was SO cool! I have seen Annie on stage, but I think Mary Poppins was even better even though it's not one of the "classic" broadway plays. The company was definitely the best I could have, look at this guy!

He's soooo cute! I know, I'm a little chubby. I have a lot going on right now, give me a break! I guess with the baby being 5 months old now, I can't use the I-just-had-a-baby excuse anymore, haha.




Ryan in the Hall of the Flags at the Kennedy Center.



Inside the Opera House theater. The lights were so cool!




A rather fuzzy, but cute, picture of us....waiting for the show to start!





We had great seats! It was an awesome play, with amazing dancing and singing and the set was awesome! The play was different from the movie. It had more songs and it was extremely morally charged, which I really liked. There were a lot of kids in the audience and I think it was good for them to see a play that promoted family togetherness that teaches us all, adults as well as kids, how we should act towards one another and what is truly important in life. I was impressed!


1 comment:

Claudia said...

i loved mary poppins! it was an amazing show (i saw it in chicago several months ago). so glad you enjoyed it!