Saturday, September 25, 2010

End of Chemo and more!

Ryan's chemotherapy ended about two weeks ago and can I just say, I am the happiest girl EVER.  The fourth round wasn't that great, but hey, it was better than the 3rd (which was the WORST), and just knowing that the treatment is over is a relief.  He got his cat scan and x-rays done and the doctor said that his lymph node is back down to normal size, which is great news!
I kind of feel, though, that there is a bit of uncertainty as to what is going to happen next, but we'll see over the next couple of months.  For now though I think it's safe to say that he's cancer free and that kinda makes me want to throw a party.

Here's a picture of Ryan on his last day of chemotherapy with his nurse, Joy.  We were pretty happy on his last day (although it seemed to last forever).  So happy in fact that I made cupcakes for his fellow patients, which was very brave of me but luckily I had my mother-in-law to help and thankfully they turned out pretty tasty.  The staff at Georgetown University Hospital were great!

A little cancer tip for you all:  Cancer treatment, aka chemotherapy is actually given intravenously.  Before Ryan got his treatment I thought he would have to sit in a room with other patients and get zapped or something, but that's not the way it goes. There's your cancer tip for the day : D

2 comments:

Jacob and Kimberly Palmer said...

This post makes me cry. I'm so happy he's done. . . hug him for me. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful and strong wife for my brother :)

Karm said...

So glad he is done and he is cancer free. You are in our prayers...daily. Go ahead throw yourselves a big party...you deserve it!