Monday, January 17, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Visit

We got to go to Utah for Thanksgiving this year and it was a lot of fun!  We got to see our family there and Elias and a TON of fun re-meeting his cousin Jared and meeting his new cousin Emma and his Uncle Jaren.  But seriously, Jared and Elias were instant friends and it was really cute.
Ah, cousins:


I couldn't help but fall in love with baby Emma, she is SO adorable and so sweet and easy going.  I accordingly had to take about a million pictures of her, but I'll share one of my favorites with you.
Emma, pretty in pink
 
Before Thanksgiving, we all went up to Park City for a couple of days which was a lot of fun.  There was a lot of talk of the snow storm of the century coming to Utah and it started to snow.  We had to stay indoors and looked for something fun to do.  The hotel had a little "Iron Chef" competition that we got pretty excited about.  When the time came around for us to go pick up our secret ingredient, we were all disappointed when all we got were 4 marshmallows.  But we split into two teams (girls and boys) and had fun with it anyway.  The boys' creation was extremely creative and funny too!
Marshmallow men
Jaren's Rice Crispy Treat T-Rex
The finished product of carnage
The girls made a marshmallow bread pudding with a marshmallow glaze
Here are all the competitors with their fare.
Here are our judges....lucky them!
The girls won (woohoo, go us!), but I felt kind of bad, because there was a little boy there that really really wanted to win, and I wish they would have had the kiddies win cause they worked so hard.

We forgot to take any pictures during or before Thanksgiving dinner, but we were able to get a picture or two after dinner in our holiday garb:
Ok, maybe just one picture :)
Other than that our trip consisted of visits to friends and family, playing games, watching movies and lots of fun.
We had a great trip and miss our Utah family!


I will try to post other pictures later, but for some reason blogger is not working for me.  I know I'm not the best at this technology thing :)

No comments: