Monday, January 3, 2011

The Cooking Show

I saw a Groupon at the end of October for the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show that was in the middle of November.  It was kind of one of those expo thingies except Paula Dean, Bobby Flay and Rachel Ray would each be giving their own cooking presentation.  I thought it sounded pretty fun and the discount was pretty big, so I decided to tell Ryan about it....even if he thought it was silly.
Boy oh boy was I wrong.  Ryan got SUPER excited about it, so we bought tickets.  And it WAS super exciting.  There was amazing food being sold right and left and of course, there was Bobby Flay (we choose to go see him, he's one of our favorite Iron Chefs :))

So we were a little far away....but it was still super exciting!

Elias, of course, got bored during the show (naturally) and so I had to take him to the back, where he met a new friend and they bonded:

Which was really cute :)



Ryan took this picture when he went back to the seating area after the show to get a couple of things we had left there on accident.  It ended up being a happy accident because he got us a bite or two of Bobby Flay's butterflied chicken and brought it back to us.  It was yummy.  Yes, my friends, Ryan and I have eaten from the very food that Bobby Flay cooked. And that is cool :)

The rest of our time there consisted of sampling cool foods and we broke down and bought some cool simple syrups and flavored sugars.  I couldn't resist.  They are fennel, ginger, saffron and cardamom flavored sugars and they are tasty!

We definitely want to do it next year!



No comments: