Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Time

A few weeks back Elias wanted to be picked up and I sat down with him on the couch and just held him for a while.  I remember thinking that I had a lot to do, but I took in the deliciousness of the moment and just cuddled with him.  Those moments are rare because he is not a cuddler.
Ever since then I have been trying to remember to take time to do things that seem small, but are meaningful, even if it seems to take time away from things that I might think are important.
Sooo I am remembering to take the time to hold my little guy, cuddle and play with him, talk to my family and friends when the opportunity arises and show Ryan that I love him.  It's worth the time.

Elias, by the way, is growing pretty fast.  I don't take as many pictures as I should, but there are a few to share.
I gave him a haircut last week and I think it looks pretty good:

And so do those keys...yum yum
He seems to be quite the organizer.....or dis-organizer, I suppose it's all about perspective.  Sometimes when I'm cooking I'll sit him up on the counter to stop him from complaining (he likes to do things with me).  This time he took the spices off of the rack and lined them up nicely on a cookie sheet I had prepared for baking something else.  I thought it was pretty cute.  And of course he was very serious the whole time :)



Last week we also bought him a little chair that he can use in the summer time and he LOVES it.  It likes to sit in it contentedly and we think he looks like a little movie director.

And.....action!
He just had his 15 month appointment last week and he's (almost!) in the 10th percentile for weight, 25th for height and 50th for his head.  So, as always, he's a little guy with normal head :)

1 comment:

Too Tall Sarah said...

I know what you mean about taking time for the little things. I'm not the best at that. But yesterday, I took my kids swimming instead of deep cleaning my kitchen (which was on my to-do list), and I'm glad I did, becuase that was more important. I'm off to clean the kitchen this morning;) I'm also always trying to remember that it's the little things that count in the long run.