Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dear Elias



Dear Elias,

The past few days with you have been.....rough, to say the least.  The screaming, lack of hugs, screaming, acts of toddler rebelliousness, food throwing, screaming, refusing to eat anything but fruit and screaming have all been quite tough on your little mama.  There have been tears from both of us, but we're working on ways to keep the screaming down and help you to calm down when you get frustrated.  Most of what I've tried has led to more screaming.  But tonight, oh tonight, there was the glimmer of hope.  The three+ hours before you went to bed tonight were not only spent scream-free, but we truly enjoyed each others company.
Maybe what I was missing was that you wanted to do something with me, like how we baked cookies together tonight.  Your bath was also mostly pure enjoyment because you let me cut your hair a little as you played.  It was only marred by you pooping not once, not twice, but THREE times in the bathtub....at different times.  I guess you made up for it by saying "uh-oh" when you realized what you had done.  That was pretty adorable.
Our nighttime schedule of singing, praying and reading together was also SO nice (with the except of the screaming that ensued due to teeth-brushing, but that's to be expected) and I almost wished that I could keep you up longer just to enjoy your company a little bit more.  I love you, little guy.
Even if tomorrow is a hard, scream-filled day, I will remember tonight as a beacon of hope of good times to be had with you.  I love you, screams and all.
Love,
Your Mommy :*

I like to eat strawberries and watermelon and plums and blueberries and mangoes and get it all over my clothes :)

No comments: