Monday, June 4, 2012

Stanton Happenings in the past week

I love summertime!  The nice weather just fills my mind with ideas of things to do and gives me the energy to them!  I wish it could be summer all the time......but until I move to the tropics, I'll just have to be happy with the few months that we have here in Maryland.

On memorial day we went to Sandy Point state park.  It's a beach on the Chesapeake and it's a pretty nice space.  and it's only about 20 minutes from our house.  Woohoo!  I thought it was a little on the pricey side to get in, but we did and sat on the beach for a little while.  I'm not joking about a "little while" because Elias played around for a little while, did not want to go near the water and after about 45 minutes he insisted on going home.  He even took me by the hand and let me in the general direction of the car.  Silly little guy.  He likes to be at home.

"Go home, Mommy, home?"



Ryan at the beach

A self-portrait.  Not flattering, I know.

Last week Elias and I went strawberry picking with our friends Ina and Asia.  It was a lot of fun and the kids loved the strawberries.  I tried to have Elias help me at first, but he kept picking the green berries and trying to eat them, but they didn't taste very good.  He quickly learned that if he just went to the bucket I was putting berries in, he would have tasty strawberries at his disposal. 

 He and Ina wandered the field as us mommies picked serious amounts of berries.

Ina in the berries

Asia with her bucket full of berries

Elias taking advantage of my berries

Elias and this little boy were looking at a passing tractor and then they kind of looked at each other.  Elias then proceeded to eat berries out of the little boy's bucket.

No comments: