Friday, February 11, 2011

Cooking with Baby

I have previously tried to avoid cooking or baking anything while the baby was awake because he gets really cranky when I am doing something without him involved for long periods of time.  Yesterday my perspective changed.  I have been meaning to try a new ice cream recipe for a while now and I had bought the ingredients a while ago, but hadn't had a baby-free moment to mix it up myself.
I had a bit of free time yesterday when the baby was awake and I just thought, why not just involve him?  He might learn to like to cook! We already know he looooves food!
I got out the ingredients and started to mix them up.  I brought them down to floor level so that he could see what I was doing.  He even stopped trying to get his hands in the mix in order to give the egg beater a little shake like he was trying to mix it!  I didn't get pictures until the very end though.  I gave him the bowl with the cream we had whipped inside and he had lots of fun with it.  I'm definitely going to try this again!  It was great bonding time :)

Yum!

No comments: