Thursday, February 3, 2011

Funny Happenings of the Day

Yesterday a couple of cute/funny things happened.

In the morning Elias and I went out to do a little bit of shopping for my mom.  I had him strapped to me in the baby carrier because there was no room for a stroller or cart in the store we went to.  When we had made our selections, we went up to the register to pay.  The cashier scanned the first item and baby looked up at the little screen that shows the price of the item, you know what I'm talking about.  The cashier noticed him do it and said, "Wow!  How does he know to look there?  He's so smart!  I've never seen a baby do that!  I mean, I scan the item all the way over here and he knows to look up there at the screen!"
And I think to myself, "Well, he could just be smart......but I think it might actually be because I shop too much..."

Later in the day Elias and I were in the bedroom.  I was cleaning up and had my back to him.  Earlier in the day I had taken a piece of gum from a pack of gum on the nightstand and I noticed that he was looking at me.  As I turned around to check on him (it was too quiet), he had the pack of gum in his hand and was putting a wrapper in his mouth.  I told him "no" and as I made my way over there he took the wrapper out of his mouth and handed it to me as he began to crawl away to play with something else.

That's my boy :)

No comments: