As some of you know, Ryan (and I....uh...sometimes) every once and a while like to play what is called the "Grateful Game." It usually begins by one of us being in somewhat of a bad mood and complaining about something and then either feeling guilty for said complaining or being prompted by the other spouse to play.
Tonight, Ryan prompted himself. And it was pretty funny.
It started as he decided to clean out the refrigerator. Now, this isn't a time for confessions or anything, and if I'm not mistaken, there are plenty of people out there who forget about some things that they put in their fridge. Well, our fridge hadn't been cleaned out in a while and as Ryan kept finding things and being grossed out, he was getting kind of grumpy (understandably).
I tried to just stay out of his way (not thinking I could really be of any help, at this point) and just started doing something else. After a while, he walks into the room with his hands all wet and says, "Keiry, I think I need to play the Grateful Game. I'm grateful I have hands to wash the dishes with. I'm grateful that we have 30 pieces of tupperware that we can put stuff in. I'm grateful for a garbage disposal and Fabuloso (which is something we use to clean stuff that smells nice). And I'm also grateful for you."
And then he walked right back into the kitchen and continued working. This man is a keeper I tell you. I thought it was a pretty funny story too. 30 pieces of tupperware! Hahahaha!!
Monday, February 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Haha Ryan is the master of that game!! Sometimes I have to play that game too. When we have an unreal amount of dishes to do or laundry I try to think- "well at least we are fed and clothed." I'm glad you're married to a grateful guy :)
It's also wonderful to have a husband that will clean the fridge for you. Fridges are made way too large these days. Now, I tend to keep track of every single thing in ours in order to keep anything from getting old.
you guys are so cute! sometime I should play the grateful game. I'm terrible at getting grumpy and staying that way!
Post a Comment