Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthday Conversation

Last week was Ryan's birthday.  Happy Birthday to him!!
We had a funny conversation over dinner that night.  I took him out to a seafood restaurant in Annapolis that was very yummy.  As we talked we began to reminisce about previous Ryan's Birthday celebrations.  Our conversation went something like this:
Ryan:  Last year was nice too.  You took my too Cantler's (also seafood and also in Annapolis).
Keiry:  Oh yeah, and the year before we went to that Thai place in Georgetown.  You really liked that.
Ryan:  Yes, that was sooo good.  What did we do the year before that?  I can't remember....
*we both begin to think and think*
Keiry:  Uh, Ryan.  We didn't even know each other three years ago.
Ryan: Oh.
*commence awkward/pause*
One of the members of our single's ward was dismayed to find out that awkward moments still occur after you're married.  This is an example of one of the awkward moments that still happen to us, but we both laughed and thought that it's kind of funny that we haven't known each other very long. 
I think that we have been enjoying our time together and so when we started counting numbers and realize all of our adventures have only taken place in the space of 2 years and 10 months it's kind of overwhelming. 
And makes you wonder what else is in store.
I'm just glad I can find out with Ryan :)
Not the best picture, I know, but it does the job.  This is Ryan and me on one of our adventures :)

1 comment:

Sierra Gardner said...

I LOVE that you guys have awkward moments still. It makes me feel less bad about mine =)