How's the baby?
Well, it's been an eventful past few weeks for Elias. Right after his birthday party he got sick with some sort of stomach virus which made him throw up and then a few days later he had a fever....which lasted about a week. Kinda scared his mommy and daddy. It took him a while to get over it, but now he's back to his happy perky self.
He celebrated his Papa Carroll's birthday at his house. We had cake. Again. This one turned out better:
| The cake started out just saying "Happy" but I decided it would be ok to add the rest, haha! |
| Elias enjoyed making the frosting |
His official first word is "Da". At first I thought he had a little bit of Croat in him, which I was proud of :). Then I thought it might have meant "dad" because he said it once and touched Ryan. But after a little bit of observation I saw that he was asking "what's that?" by just saying "that" or "da". I love that this is his first word because to me it matches his curious personality.
He also recently had his first haircut. He did fairly well. Not a lot of grumpiness, but plenty of wiggling. Turning on the TV only helped an itty bitty bit :)
A little bit of before and after....I didn't take a ton of pictures....
| Before.... |
| After-ish. It doesn't look like I had trimmed the sides yet :) |
| JJ and Elias |
| Elias and the Panda |
| Mommy, put the camera down |
Last week he went on a swing for the first time, which he LOVED
![]() |
| Yes, the swing is in a pine tree. We do what we can. |
Elias is also pretty much a champ at walking, you know, when he doesn't want to crawl.
His 1 year doctor's appointment went REALLY well. They had to prick his finger to test his blood, gave him a TB test AND gave him a shot for the Chicken Pox all in that visit. And the boy did not shed one tear! Not a complaint! Seriously....you give the kid a lollipop and he doesn't care what else happens to him. I was so proud!
As for his stats....he went down to the 5th percentile for weight. I think that'll go up though because he was getting over his virus and had lost some weight from that. And he's in 25th for height...sooo....he's kind of a little guy. But such a sweet little guy.
That's it for now from the little guy!


No comments:
Post a Comment