I have actually completed three recipes from food blogs :) go me! Only two of them will make it onto this post though, I'll do the other one later.
When I saw this recipe on Good Life Eats it literally made my tummy grumble. And let me tell you, it was delicious. I pretty much followed the recipe except I used turkey bacon instead of real bacon. We really like turkey bacon, we love the flavor and it's only a third the fat of regular bacon. Not to mention it's cheaper, hehe.
I took of picture of this meal, I thought it was pretty too :)
This one is a keeper.
I made a surprise breakfast for Ryan's birthday and I used a recipe I found on a really great blog that I found. It's called The Recipe Girl. It wasn't a super fancy breakfast (it was 6 in the morning, before Ryan left for work, and I am not much of a morning person), but I had to try their Cinnamon Roll Pancakes recipe. I have been promising Ryan cinnamon rolls for a long time and this was an easier way to fulfill that promise (although I still think I owe him real cinnamon buns).
This recipe was really tasty though! I thought it was a great idea to have a cream cheese icing on the pancakes as syrup. I didn't have cream cheese, but I did have mascarpone from the first recipe of this post and I used that in it's place. It was SO yummy.
One thing about this recipe was that there was a lot of cinnamon filling and icing left over. I decided to make cinnamon bun crepes out of the leftovers. Yummy!
I'm having a lot of fun with these recipes.....I hope it's not too boring for you guys to read over :)

1 comment:
yummmmmmmmmmmmmy......when is my b-day again....;)
Post a Comment