Elias' birthday was filled with cake. It was in the middle of the week, so we had to wait until Saturday to have his party with friends.
But, as I said, we still filled his birthday day with cake :)
It actually started the week before his birthday. We made a practice cake because I wanted to make a design on his Saturday party cake and I had to try it out first to see if it would work. I'm not the most artsy person in the world, so it's safe for me to take precautions when doing anything creative.
This was the cake that he destroyed, and it was tons of fun to watch.
 |
| The cake pre-attack. Came out pretty well, with only a couple battle scars. |
 |
| Getting curious |
| |
| And he attacks |
 |
| Are you sure I'm allowed to be doing this? |
 |
Tastes good too!
On Elias' birthday we decided to test taste a cake from Wegman's. I pretty much love anything from Wegman's but I'm glad we bought the test cake because we ended up not going with it. I wrote his name on the cake, not them....that's why it turned out kinda funky
Months ago I found a recipe for cake that I really wanted to try out for his birthday. It was a "reduced fat" cake, but the ingredients sounded really yummy and so did the frosting, so I baked and let baby lick the spatula:
The cake turned out to be really tasty, but it looked less than appealing. I seem to have a problem with frosting and getting the right consistency. The yummy flavor was all there, but it didn't firm up too well. We used it nevertheless and sang him his first Happy Birthday song
I think it's safe to say that cake is probably one of his favorite foods! |
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment