Thursday, March 31, 2011

Celebrating Spring......Indoors


Last weekend we had a great family outing.  A couple of months ago, we bought a Groupon for a garden in Pennsylvania that looked really neat.  We went to go see it the day before it expired and we got super lucky! 
It happened to be in the middle of a three-day orchid show and I looooove orchids.

Ryan named it "Orchid Disneyland"

Orchids orchids everywhere!
I was pretty much hyperventilating with happiness as I saw orchids right and left.  You see, I love these flowers because they are different from your usual flowers, and there's just something mysterious, elegant and fascinating about them.


I think part of my fascination is that I am completely incapable of keeping them alive and admire the people who not only keep them alive, but help them thrive. 

Putting orchids aside (difficult, I know!), this place was amazing.  It was what I would imagine Paradise to be.  Just look at what it looks like- inside!




Elias had fun in re-discovering dirt
Who needs flowers when there's dirt?
There was a children's garden inside the conservatory and Elias LOVED it.  It was very hands-on and full of water.



His favorite part by far was the misty cave section.  We had to take him away screaming and very upset.

We all had a great time and were glad we discovered these gardens.  We'd love to go back!!
HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Sierra Gardner said...

I've never heard of it before but it looks amazing! Putting it on my list of things to see =)

rereads247 said...

We need to go back! Maybe around July 30? Is there anything going on that day? I love you:)

Ryan and Keiry said...

Sierra, it is definitely worth the trip, we're planning to go back. It's only a two hour drive from College Park.
Ice Man, Ryan?? Haha! I love you! We could go sooner than July 30th....maybe we could celebrate the whole month! Love you!